We value our drivers and see them as team members, not merely employees. Please consider some things that we offer drivers.
We never ask a driver to do the impossible. For every load we dispatch, we make sure there is adequate time for safe, on-time delivery.
Our drivers almost never layover on the road, with the very rare exceptions of weather delays, or mechanical breakdowns. In the very rare instances when one of our drivers does layover, for any reason, we pay for it. It’s that simple. Any of our drivers will verify that. We believe our drivers should layover at home, not on the road.
The majority of our freight is one pick, one-drop, no-touch. Some loads are drop-and-hook. When handling is required, we pay it. It’s that simple.
Here are some but not all of the benefits drivers enjoy at Stokes Trucking.
- New Equipment: Tractors Average age is 1 year. Trailers average age is 2.5 years. High horsepower tractors, with owner-operator specs, including bunk heaters, refrigerators, best interiors, automated transmissions, etc.
- 68 mph governed speed, with pay incentives for governed lower. With all speeds, PassSmart is enabled.
- Driver’s mileage pay is right off the odometer. Not book or computer miles.
- Driver’s and driver’s family Health and Dental insurance paid 100% by the company.
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Company match retirement plan
- Individual safety/performance bonus
- Pot or Pool safety bonus
- Paid to chain when necessary
- Paid detention
- Driver Mentor for newly hired drivers
- Assigned trucks. No slip-seat
- Open door to Company ownership
- Home Weekly or Twice Weekly
We’re fussy. We want to hire veteran drivers with clean safety records who want to be part of a winning team. If you think you’d like to join us, please submit your application online and then give our Safety Dept a follow-up call. Or talk to any of our drivers if you have questions. Thanks for your consideration
"I’ve been with Stokes for 11 years. I drive over 3000 miles per week. I enjoy the new equipment, and the company keeps everything up very well. I’m consistently away from home 4 and a half days per week, and home two and a half days, which is very nice. We have great people in the office and the company offers some great benefits. Thanks Stokes Trucking for giving me a great place to work." - Brad